Canon Canada Inc. has been selling and promoting its cutting edge line of camera and optical equipment since its inception in 1973. Headquartered in Mississauga Ontario, Canon Canada is a highly-respected market leader in business and consumer imaging equipment and information systems. The extensive line of Canon products is constantly evolving to reflect the technological innovation the Company is renowned for. Product offerings include full-colour and black and white copiers, networked office systems, Facsimile Machines, Image Filing and Micrographics Systems; Small Office and Home Office Products such as Personal Copiers, Faxphones, Bubble Jet and All-in-One Printers; Medical Imaging Equipment including Digital Radiography Devices; Cameras and Lenses including a full range of Digital SLR cameras, digital compact cameras and specialty lenses for multiple applications; Digital Camcorders; Binoculars; Calculators; and Broadcast Lenses and Equipment.
Canon Canada, its wholly-owned divisions, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and its national group of independent dealers and distributors, serves the Canadian market from coast-to-coast. As a member of the global family of Canon companies, Canon is pleased to be a part of the worldwide organization, which employs approximately 170,000 people worldwide.
Canon Canada Inc. is wholly-owned by Canon USA Inc., and forms an important part of Canon Americas' marketing region. At Canon, we are striving to create value for our customers by promoting technological and product excellence; respecting individual cultures and business practices; and a commitment to enhancing our contribution to society through technological innovation and excellence, and harmony with our environment. At Canon, our actions are guided by our corporate philosophy of kyosei, which means “all people living and working together for the common good.”
Canon's leadership in imaging, optical and document management technology and solutions is based in large part on the thousands of patents the company has secured throughout its history. Since 1994, Canon Inc. has been among the top three US patent recipients. There are many Canon firsts including:
• The EOS 5D Mark II, a 35 mm digital SLR camera with 21.1 megapixel CMOS sensor and the first camera ever to incorporate full HD video.
• The PowerShot SX1 IS, the first compact digital camera equipped with Canon’s proprietary CMOS sensor.
• Canon introduces a new line of easy-to-use multifunction devices under the imageRUNNER Advance lineup.
• Developer of the world’s first camera lens featuring Hybrid Image Stabilization technology, the EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS lens.
• World’s first WUXGA-resolution (1920 x 1200) widescreen Multimedia Projector using LCOS (Liquid Crystal on Silicon) technology, the REALiS WUX10.
• PIXMA MX7600, the first-ever Office All-In-One printer to use new pigment reaction technology, and professional quality pigment-based LUCIA inks.
• CX-1, the World's First Digital Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera to Take FAF Photography
• Thw PowerShot digital camera was the first to provide direct print capabilities from full-size Canon Bubble-Jet printer S820D.
• The development of the Ink Jet printer market with the introduction of Bubble Jet printer
• The world's first autofocus system for 35mm SLR cameras, the first SLR lens with image stabilization and the first SLR with eye-controlled focus.
• The world's first mid-range digital multifunctional machines which integrated copying, faxing, scanning and printing on demand.
Canon is also a concerned global corporate citizen, and in 1990 introduced the Clean Earth Campaign to Canada. Canon Canada's Clean Earth Campaign encourages Canadians to recycle empty toner cartridges and divert them from local landfill sites. Canon Canada makes annual donations to the WWF-Canada , the Canon Envirothon, and the Easter Seal Society, Ontario.